2021 Presidential Search
The Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) is the leading voice of Michigan’s 28 public community colleges and their stakeholders. Its mission is to provide strong legislative and public advocacy in Lansing and across the state, improve the image and credibility of community colleges, and advance shared collaborations, programs, and initiatives.
MCCA - Lansing, Michigan
MCCA is seeking to hire a new President. The new President will focus on the core functions of the MCCA in order to achieve long-term vision and sustainability of the association. Areas of focus include: strategy, finance, board management, advocacy, operations, and program delivery. The President/CEO serves, at the pleasure of and reports to, the board of directors (comprised of the president and a trustee from each of the member colleges) to carry out the directives of the board.
- Implements and guides the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Advocates on behalf of member colleges at the local, state, and national level.
- Oversees the financial status of the MCCA including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place, and sets financial priorities accurately ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs and will of the board of directors.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the progress of the MCCA.
- Cultivates a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Represents the MCCA at public and professional events and activities at the local, state, and national levels.
- Maintains an awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscapes.
- Oversees and implements the operation of the MCCA in accordance with the strategic plan of the organization.
- Oversees and evaluates the work of other employees of the MCCA.
- Formulates and executes strategies that will ensure fairness and equality throughout the organization.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality services provided by the MCCA.
- Provides leadership at MCCA meetings with oversight of all agendas.
- Ensures that Board members have the information they need to make informed decisions.
- Organizes the committees of the Board.
- Maintains contact with committee Chairs to develop agendas and provide other informational and logistical support. As designated by the Board of Directors and/or bylaws, acts as signing officer for financial and legal documents.
- May be authorized or required to sign or countersign checks, correspondence, applications, reports, contracts or other documents on behalf of the MCCA.
The successful candidate must have an earned masters degree from a regionally accredited university and at least five years of executive leadership experience.
Applicants will submit the following for review:
- A current resumé/vita.
- A detailed cover letter (no more than five pages) addressing experience, administrative characteristics, and qualifications.
- A list of five professional references: including names, email address, and telephone numbers.
Applications are due Friday, July 30, 2021. For additional information about the search, please visit https://www.mcca.org or collegepresidentsearch.com.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Preston Pulliams of Gold Hill Associates is assisting with this search. For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact Dr. Preston Pulliams, President/CEO, Gold Hill Associates at email@example.com or (503-704-3425).