Please see the job details below for additional information on how to apply for this position.
|Institution||Mott Community College
|Title||Financial Aid Specialist
|Posted||4/6/2017 - 09:37 AM
Financial Aid Specialist
Student Financial Services
Starting Salary Range
Mid 30's to high 40's
Excellent benefits package. Click here to view our benefits summary.
Position Summary Information
This is one of eight (8) full time positions that operate as a team to administer all of the student financial aid programs for the College. The Financial Aid Office supports the College by helping students access available and appropriate sources of financial aid; thereby, enabling the College to reach its enrollment goals. All staff in the Financial Aid Office are responsible for assisting students and parents and processing financial aid applications. Staff members may be assigned to focus on a specific area of responsibility and may be asked to take on special projects.
This position has five key areas of accountability:
1. Provide high quality customer service to students who visit the Financial Aid Office.
2. Verify and Package Title IV Funding.
3. Contribute as a team member to the success of the Financial Aid Office.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of information submitted by students and their families.
5. Ensure completeness and accuracy of student records.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Three years of prior financial aid or directly related student services experience.
3. Must demonstrate accuracy on all aspects of Title IV verification and packaging.
4. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
5. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
6. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from students and the general public.
7. Ability to obtain authorization to NSLDS and other federal financial aid processing sites.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Ability to multitask.
10. Experience with MS Word and Excel.
11. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with students, college employees and business partners.
12. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra.
13. Ability to make presentations to the public.
14. Ability to concentrate on task while surrounded by multitude of distractions and noise.
15. Ability to meet deadlines.
16. Must be able to analyze data and produce information to support decision-making and project planning.
17. Demonstrated ability to successfully utilize time management and priority setting in a high stress, multiple task environment while consistently producing timely, high quality work.
18. Ability to deal with stress and schedule of peak seasonal workload.
19. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also have the ability to function effectively as a team member.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Public Administration.
2. Experience Administering Title IV funds.
3. Audit and/or analytical work paper preparation experience.
4. Experience with income tax preparation and an understanding of the tax code.
5. Completion of NASFAA University credentials.
6. Experience with collection of accounts.
7. Datatel experience.
8. Prior financial aid experience in the community college environment.
9. Prior default management experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position to process files.
2. Needs to occasionally move about inside the office.
3. Constantly operates a computer.
4. Constantly converses with students and their families regarding the financial aid process.
5. Frequently carries items up to 10 pounds in weight; occasionally carries items up to 25 pounds.
6. Requires close vision and ability to adjust focus while processing aid forms in hard copy and on computer.
Full-time, 40 hours per week/52 weeks per year. In order to meet operational needs, position requires the ability to work a schedule that includes some evening hours and occasional weekends.
For Detailed Job Description Click Here
Degree must be conferred by application deadline.
Visa sponsorship is not available.
The College is unable to assist with travel and/or relocation expenses.
|How to Apply||
April 18, 2017
Additional Application Deadline Information
The College reserves the right to extend the application deadline or reopen the search if a sufficient pool is not established. Notice of such a decision will be indicated in the posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran’s status, age, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * How did you learn of this position? •CareerBuilder website
•Chronicle of Higher Education website
•Professional Association website**
•Professional Publication website**
•Email notification from Mott Human Resources
•Notified by current or former Mott employee**
2. **Please provide specific name of person or source below:
(Open Ended Question)
3. * Do you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution? •Yes
4. * Do you have three years of prior financial aid or directly related student services experience? •Yes
Required Documents 1.Resume
© 2017 Michigan Community College Association
222 North Chestnut Street, Lansing, Michigan 48933-1000